As you know, I’m not shy when it comes to making my opinion clear on what’s out there in the Shed Market – so as you’re pondering which Shed company is best for you I thought I’d do a quick round-up of what’s on offer here in Tayside, Fife and Angus.
Whether you’re in Dundee, St Andrew, Arbroath or somewhere else in the area, you’re going to want to find the best local shed options.
So, I’ll take one from each area and compare what they offer and how much they cost.
To keep things fair, I’m going to take a 10’ x 8’ as the most popular size for 2022, I’ll detail what information they have in regard to specification and service.
Gillies and Mackay Ltd
First let’s start with our own sheds at Gillies and Mackay for a little bit of a baseline.
Our shed specification is second to none and looks a little something like this:
- 19mm T&G Redwood Weatherboard Clad
- C24 Grade Pressure Treated Frame 70mm x 45mm
- 19mm T&G Redwood Flooring
- 75mm x 47mm Pressure Treated Joists
- 16mm T&G Spruce roofing
- Nova Mica Steel Box Profile Roofing
- 1 Single Panel Door
- 2 Single Glazed Windows.
VAT, Delivery and Assembly = £2,443.00
Engineered Construction, Fascias, Undereaves, Wrap Around Corner Strips, Window Cills, Drip Strips, Basecoat Sadolin, AntiFungal Wash, 6 Stage Manufacturing Process Inc Quality Control.
Full aftercare service and guarantee.
Gillies and Mackay Ltd are on average £900.00 dearer than any other Independent Shed Company. Ultimately when a business competes on price there’s always a compromise being made somewhere. G&M don’t compromise, we just make the best.
But that’s not to say we’re the right fit for you. There’s a shed out there for everyone! This is why we’re giving you more options if you want to find someone else.
We’re extremely transparent with our pricing and spec so you can find out more here.
TAYSIDE 10 x 8 shed price
Next up we’re looking at Tayside, so whether you’re looking for a shed in Aberfeldy, Dunkeld, Dundee or somewhere else we’re here to help.
Their specification looks like this:
- 19mm Redwood Pine Tongue & Groove Flooring
- 19mm Redwood Pine Tongue & Groove Roofing
- 16mm Redwood Pine Tongue & Groove Weatherboard for Walls & Door
- 32mm x 75mm Treated Timber Framing
- 45g Heavy Duty Green Mineral Felt
- Galvanised Ring Shank Nails
- Weather Repellent
- Anti Fungal
- Anti Pesticide Coating.
VAT, Delivery and Assembly = £1,525.00
FIFE 10 x 8 shed price
Next up, we’re in Fife – boasting the stunning areas of Glenrothes, St Andrews, Elie and more – where is best to get a shed.
- Walls – 16 mm pressure treated waterboarding,
- Floor – 19mm Tongue and Groove Flooring on 50 x 75 Tanalised bearers
- Roof – 16 mm sarkin boards covered with a 38kg Green Mineral Felt.
VAT, Delivery and Assembly = £1,648.00
ANGUS 10 x 8 shed price
And finally, locally we’ve got Angus, home to many a bonnie place – and ready for a shed just as bonnie.
- 16mm tongue & groove weatherboarding (sides & roof)
- 19mm tongue & groove flooring
- 50×38 pressure treated framing
- 40kg heavy-duty green mineral roofing felt
- Windows are 4mm thick horticultural glass (optional)
- Nailed together with galvanised ring shank nails
- Comes standard with bolt lock (Press Locks also available, contact us)
- Apex OR Pent roof
- Single glass door OR Double glass doors
- Comes standard in an oil-based wood preservative colour of your choice.
VAT, Delivery and Assembly (assumed inc) = £1,555.00
Ready to buy a shed Tayside, Fife or Angus?
Thank you to the Shed Co’s above – it’s great to see the specification information there on your websites nowadays.
Everyone is pretty tight on price too, a reflection of what you offer as genuine and competitive – all very similar in terms of design which explains the price point. I’m not seeing much in terms of aftercare or guarantee, so when you, yourself are enquiring with the above companies it would be good to ask.
If you want to book a shed consultation with our team then you can do so here.